TRIPLE BERRY OAT SMOOTHIE. Smoothies are as much a part of the morning ritual as brushing our teeth and begging to watch TV. My three-year-old son and I bust out the blender, line up our ingredients (some fresh, some frozen) and start chopping and plopping.
We fill ours full of fruit, vegetables and protein, my theory being that if the rest of the day goes to hell in a hand basket, at least we started strong. With this TRIPLE BERRY OAT SMOOTHIE. Not only is a smoothie a great way to boost your fruit intake, but it can be a filling meal as well when you add some yoghurt and oats. This Triple Berry Oat Smoothie will definitely add some colour to your morning and keep you going until your next meal or snack.
TRIPLE BERRY OAT SMOOTHIE
- 120 g Frozen Triple Berry Mix
- 20 g Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 350 ml Skimmed Milk
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want a thicker smoothie, add a banana or some avocado.
- We used frozen fruit (which does help to thicken it) and makes it nice and cold. But you could just use fresh fruit instead.
- To make this smoothie vegan, leave out the honey or swap it for maple syrup or another liquid sweetener.
- Add some spinach for a green boost (this will change the colour of it though).
- Make this smoothie even creamier by adding a splash of coconut milk or a spoonful of nut butter.
- Want a new dessert idea? You could also use less milk and a few more oats and it turns in to a thick dessert. Sprinkle with some chocolate chips and you have yourself a dessert.
- 2 peaches chopped
- 1 banana
- 350 ml skimmed milk
- 125 ml light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Put the chopped peach and sliced banana in a blender.
- Top up with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- For the best and sweetest peach smoothie, you want to use really ripe peaches.
- Make this vegan by using a vegan milk and yoghurt.
- If you don’t have any fresh peaches, you can use frozen.
- To add a little extra flavour to this smoothie, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You could always make a thicker version of this and serve it in a bowl with loads of toppings and eat with a spoon.
- The leftover pulp from our Peach Iced Tea can be used in this to make it extra peachy.
Healthy Food Delivery Services When You Just Can’t With Grocery Shopping. Skip the store and still eat well (Fresh Meal Plan).