No matter if you want to enjoy some plant-based cake, cookies or pudding this summer — no need to heat up your whole kitchen for a sweet treat! We collected over 30 easy no-bake and raw vegan desserts that are indulgently delicious and secretly healthy.
If you’re not new to our website, you’ve probably noticed that we’re big fans of making easy and delicious food that actually loves us back instead of fostering disease and causing us to keep on adding some extra pounds.
Because for every less-than-optimal ingredient in a recipe, there’s a healthy upgrade out there just waiting to be used!
No-bake and raw vegan desserts are the perfect combination of good-for-you yet finger-licking-good! Not that there’s anything wrong with an obviously rich treat that doesn’t even claim to be anywhere near healthy.
But why not add some easy no-bake cookies or raw vegan cakes to your usual sweet goodness? We’ve been making them for family birthdays and here’s a fun fact for you: our wedding cake actually was a raw vegan cheesecake!
Our parents and siblings are still raving about it years later, so this cashew-vanilla-coconut layered treat is surely something to remember.
There are so many reasons why you should try at least a few of these easy raw vegan desserts — their improved nutritional value compared to traditional recipes, to widen your repertoire and to whip up a delicious no-bake cake on an unbearably hot summer day!
How to Make Raw Vegan Desserts
If you want to make a no-bake or raw vegan dessert, there are a few things you should know. First of all, they are not made with the traditional combo of flour, sugar and baking powder!
Also, there’s some kitchen equipment that you need to have! At the very least a food processor, good blender, muffin tray or cake form.
These carrot cake cupcakes are the perfect single serving dessert in a cup. They are perfect for portion control as oppose to a whole carrot cake. Plus, these goodies are raw vegan! What’s not to love about them?
- 1 cup walnuts (not soaked)
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups grated raw carrots, squeezed well through cheesecloth or with paper towel to remove as much excess moisture as possible (this is important!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 1+ hours
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- Dash sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Process the dates and walnuts in a food processor fitted with the S blade till they are crumbly, but holding together.
- Add grated carrots and spices. Process till the mix has taken the form of a smooth “dough.”
- Add raisins and pulse to combine.
- For the frosting: rinse cashews and place in a food processor with agave, salt and lemon. Process until the mixture is well combined. With the motor running, add just enough water as the motor is running to get the frosting consistency you want.
- Push the carrot cake dough into six muffin tins or ramekins and refrigerate for about an hour. Remove from the fridge, and get frosting!
- Serve, snack, and savor.
Raw Carrot-Orange Cupcakes
I’ve been inspired today to make these cute, delicious, smooth and creamy raw cupcakes. I wanted to make something different than the regular cheesecake with cashews, so I tried a new recipe with walnuts instead of cashews and I also tried them frozen. In my opinion the texture is much better when they are frozen, because after a few minutes out of the freezer they became too soft and is even difficult to eat them with the hands.
- 2-3 cups of finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of half an orange
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 4 -5 medjool dates
- Use a food processor to mix all the base ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients for the icing in the blender.
- Fill the cupcakes holders with the base and put the icing on top of each cupcake.
- Save them in the freezer for a few hours.