This light and bright raw Vegan Breakfast makes it feel like summer when you’re munching on winter vegetables. Never tried Vegan Kohlrabi Salad before? This recipe will make you fall in love, bite after bite. The cashew yogurt dressing makes perfect sweet accompaniment.
3 tablespoons cashewmilk yogurt
1 tablespoon agave nectar
Juice from 1 lime
¼ teaspoon salt
2 medium kohlrabi, balled with a melon baller
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 mandarins, peeled and segmented
Fresh mint, for garnish
Fresh basil, for garnish
What you do:
- In a medium bowl, combine cashewmilk yogurt, agave, and lime juice. Add salt and mix well.
- Toss Kohlrabi balls in yogurt mixture, and add poppy seeds. Top with mandarin segments and garnish with a generous amount of fresh mint and basil.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
This delicious raw vegan breakfast bowl is the best way to start your day … and is the perfect excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast! by KATIE FARINA
Smooth, raw chocolate sauce and pink-hued smoothie bowls from the Katie’s Healing Kitchen cookbook make up this super-simple dreamy breakfast you’ll be craving for days. Our tip? Make extra chocolate sauce for drizzling over oatmeal, ice cream sundaes, and baked goods.
What you need:
2 cups vanilla vegan yogurt
1 banana, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen
2½ cups frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon coconut milk
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup, divided
¼ cup raw cacao powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ cup fresh raspberries
½ cup cacao nibs
¼ cup hemp seeds
What you do:
- Allow fruit to thaw for 15 minutes and then into a blender, add yogurt, banana, strawberries, milk, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and blend until smooth.
- Into a small bowl, add remaining ¼ cup maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut oil, and salt, and whisk until smooth.
- Divide smoothie blend between two serving bowls, top with equal parts garnishes, and drizzle each with half of chocolate sauce.