With the weather warming up and colorful produce in abundance, there’s nothing that hits spots like those 2 vegan cauliflower recipes. Which is why this raw “stir no-fry” from Maz Valcorza’s The Naked Vegan: 140+ Tasty Raw Vegan Recipes for Health and Wellness is such a winner in our books. With a light, ginger-infused lime and tamari marinade and easy-to-make coconut cauliflower rice, we’re doubling down on our veggies—no stove required.
What you need:
For the lime & tamari marinade:
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspons sesame oil
Juice of 1 lime
4 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts
For the vegetables:
2 cups broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
1 cup julienned carrots
1 cup bean sprouts
½ cup shredded bok choy
½ cup shredded savoy cabbage
½ red onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
For the coconut-cauliflower rice:
4 cups cauliflower florets
½ cup shredded coconut
½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
4 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
What you do:
1. For the marinade, place all ingredients in a high-speed blender until well combined. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. For the vegetables, add all vegetables into the same bowl. Toss and allow to marinate while making cauliflower rice.
3. For the coconut-cauliflower rice, pulse all ingredients in a food processor until cauliflower resembles texture of rice, being careful not to over-process.
4. To serve, divide coconut-cauliflower rice among four bowls and top with vegetable mix. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and garnish with cilantro.
Here is the number 2 Vegan Cauliflower Recipes
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER LIME & WHITE BEAN SOUP
Healthy, refreshing, and easy-to-make, this zesty soup is the perfect weeknight meal.
What you need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon red chili flakes
1 teaspoon cumin
6 cups vegetable broth
2 cans Northern white beans
2 cups chopped kale (stems and stalks removed)
3 limes, juiced
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
What you do:
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm oil. Add shallots and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add green chiles, cauliflower florets, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, and cumin. Sauté for 2 more minutes. Add vegetable broth and white beans and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Add chopped kale.
- Cook covered on low for 20 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat, add lime juice, and stir. Pour into four serving bowls and top with avocado and cilantro